Sunday, December 5, 2010

John 10:7,9-10

Therefore Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. ... whoever enters through me will be saved. He will come in and go out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it the full." 

*************************************************

This verse reminds me of the thief being that of a wolf. Wolfs are always terrorizing the sheep and killing them. The sheep are us as disciples of the the Lord.  We go to him for protection and guidance in what we are doing as well as we trust that he will provide with us. The only way for us to have a full life as sheep is to be protected from the wolf (Evil) in a pasture. Which then brings me to another scripture Psalm 23 " The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want, He makes me lay down in green pastures, He leads me beside still waters...." These two verses go hand in hand when it comes to having eternal life with the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment